Christmas shopping is hard for me. I never know what to get, especially for those who re-gift or seem to have everything. Lately, I've received some great products to review that make me think, "Hey, this would be a good present for (insert)."
If you feel stuck and need some Christmas gift ideas, check out the following products:
Gifts for those who have Leather Furniture or Leather Car Seats
Gifts for Techie People
- Portable charger: Lifeguard's portable cellphone charger is great when your phone is almost dead and you need to use it. The charger doesn't power a device quickly, but it will give it a good boost when the battery icon is yellow or red.
- Rear view monitor mirror: Perfect for a cubicle worker, a computer-screen mounted rear view mirror lets you see who's coming your way without having to turn around.
Gifts for Travelers, Gamers or Crafters
|Image from Wikipedia.|
- Slim packing cubes: These luggage organizers by Dot&Dot are awesome. Mine are light blue and fit perfectly in my suitcase. I used one to corral my socks, another for scarves and one for toiletry items. I used the fourth for the knitting supplies that I took with me. My knitting needles fit well inside the cube.
- Display-sheet makeup bag: The first thing I thought when I saw this makeup bag, which uses display sheet material, is that it would be great for my husband's dice. He has dozens of dice that of all shapes and sizes for gaming. This bag makes it simple for him to dump the dice out onto the display sheet and put them away quickly.
Gifts for Cooks
- Lemon zester cheese grater: I've never owned a microplane grater until now and find it to be an essential tool in my kitchen. While I don't like citrus zest, I like using this grater for harder cheeses and herbs, like ginger and garlic.
- Bitpsy professional jumbo lemon squeezer: My old hand-held lemon juicer was a plastic contraption made of plastic that I was always afraid of breaking. The juicer from Bitpsy is big and made of stainless. It extracts more juice from citrus in less time than my old juicer.
- Bee Sili silicone oven gloves: It's so annoying when pans feel hot through my oven mitts. The silicone gloves from Bee Sili eliminate this problem and come with a silicone basting brush. I've used the gloves to adjust hot oven racks, remove cookie sheets from the oven and cook pizzas. The heart-shaped texture on the gloves makes it simpler to grip the items I hold.
Home and Beauty Gifts
- Beautonics Derma Roller: Derma rollers are my new go-to beauty product. I think that anyone over 30 could benefit from using one. This roller from Beautonics works as well as others that I've tried. I'm happy with the results. Check out this post on how to use a derma roller.
- Pilates for Dancers: With New Year's resolutions just around the corner, help a friend achieve her health goal with a fun workout DVD.
- Dr Song Home Professional Teeth Whitening Kit: Out of the whitening kits that I've used, this one seems to have the fastest results. I used it daily for 45 minutes with the LED light, followed by the remineralization gel. The kit comes with a mold-able mouth tray and a small brush, so you always use the right amount of whitening gel. I just wish the kit came with instructions.
- Old Factory candle gift set: I tried the "Romance" and Coffee House" sets of candles. The "Romance" set has scents like rose petals, champagne and dark chocolate. The only candle that smelled as it should was the the rose petal one. The champagne candle smells like perfume and the dark chocolate one smells like vanilla cake. After I told the company about this, they sent me the "Coffee House" set with scents like coffee, chai and almond. These candles smelled like the item indicated on the label.
- AlphaHealthy Probiotics: These are more like a stocking stuffer that you give to a person with "regularity" issues. They work well. I take two a day, which is particularly helpful on days when my diet is low in fiber. The capsule don't have any particular taste and they are simple to swallow. Since I have lactose issues, it's simpler for me to take probiotic pills than eat yogurt.