Tuesday, March 25, 2014

String of Pearls, Aloe and Jade Plants

I have a handful of baby succulents thanks to my aunt and a lady at a garden store who didn't know what she was doing.

My aunt has some jade plants that turned into small trees. These little plants are from her.
Tiny jade in a tiny tea cup
Baby jade with a curly stem

My aunt also gave me this little aloe plant. She says that it will say small for a long time. So far, it has.
An aloe plant that stays small

My husband bought me a string of pearls plant (Senecio rowleyanus) at a garden store near our home. He says that the shop owner had the plant in the back. She told him that she hated it because she couldn't keep the others ones alive. She was watering them too much.

The plant started out as a single vine of round leaves, or pearls. The vine had some offshoots that I removed and replanted in the dirt of this hanging planter that I bought for $4.99 at Goodwill. I can't wait until the vines fill up the planter.

The plant is simple to propagate and I put some of the smaller vines that I removed from this plant in a "greenhouse" made of a clear plastic container with a lid. They're doing well so far.

String of pearls (Senecio rowleyanus)
 
What are you growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment